Monday, September 03, 2007

So I've been missing for a while

Why, well that's hard to say. Work has been crazy busy the last few weeks, so I haven't had much energy to do anything else during the week. I've come to the realization that my job only has two speeds - busy, and crazy busy. I have to stop thinking its going to calm down and figure out how to deal with that.

Then, I received my invite to Ravelry two weekends ago. If you're there, my user name is vaknitter (imagine that!). If you aren't, go there and get your name on the list! It took about six weeks before I got my invitation. They just go down the list, so an invite is just a matter of getting in line and waiting your turn. And it is worth it. There is no way I'm going to catalog my entire stash there! Its just too big, and last year I created an inventory. But if your's isn't as big as mine, its a great place to do it and then you can download an excel file. I'm going to add new yarn as I get it, and also yarn I'm actually working with.

But its hard to describe just how much you can do there. There are groups, and all sorts of info, and just take my word for it, its amazing. I had a lot of fun one point picking a yarn in my stash and searching to see what other people are doing with it to get ideas. Or say there's a pattern you're interested in, you can find others who have done it or are doing it, what they're using, their experience, etc.

Anyway, I must admit I wasted a lot of time there last weekend.

This weekend I got back to some house chores, and now I'm catching up here.

So the yarn buying orgy continues. Last weekend I should have confessed adding 5070 yards to the stash and using only 212.36. This week, I've added 3020 and used only 109.36. Mostly sock yarn. Makes you wonder why I got rid of so much last year! No pictures - you'll just have to go to Ravelry for that (cruel, I know).

As for the WIP count. I finished an ancient one - a scarf using NZ Artisan Laceweight. Not that exciting, but it was quite nice to get a longtime WIP off the list. I also ripped a shawl that I had only 2 rows done on and frankly couldn't remember what I was doing with it. Better, to just restart from scratch. I started and finished two Calorimetries. The first, two go with the fingerless gloves in the last post.



And I had so much fun with that one that I made another from some Noro. I have one mitten made with this yarn but not good notes on how I did it! I figure this gives me an idea which needles I used anyway:



And today I started Hanami:

No comments: