Monday, August 06, 2007

A little late checking in!

I do have a finished object to report this week, but no pictures. I finished my Kiri using Colinette Parisienne and beads, but I haven't blocked it. The house is still in too much of an uproar to find room to block this baby. So pictures will have to wait.

I also ripped out another project. This is yarn I've never found anything that it looks good in. I thought I'd try a scarf based on the Clapotis pattern, and that was working to break up the bad activity of the colors. But I really don't like the colors I decided. So rip, and I give up and will donate this yarn to the prison. Here's a pic if you want to see:

Actually, on my computer that pic doesn't make it look too bad as its washed out. The green is the problem color - its somewhere between lime and olive and not attractive.

And oh, yes, some new yarn arrived!

From left to right we have:

-3 skeins of Nature's Palette Organic Worsted Weight Columbia Wool in Spring Grass
-1 skein of Seacoast Handpainted Yarns Superwash Sock in Sunny Day
-2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Rainforest (limited edition for August)
-2 skeins of Ruby Sapphire Treadsoft, 1 in Brian and 1 in Antoinette

The odd thing here is the Spring Grass yarn is a little washed out, while the Treadsoft are dark. They are dark skeins, but not quite as dark as they look there - one is blues and greens and the other purples and olives.

So the net result for this week is up 1934.93 yards (I'm not counting the yarn I'll donate until I actually do), and down 2 WIPs.

I think the stash increase rate as at least slowed a little!

No comments: