Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Confession time

Okay, I suck. I fell off the wagon big time about a month ago. I've dealt with it by avoiding it. Time to 'fess up and get back on the program.

Until last weekend I haven't been knitting much. I've done a little crocheting. I've signed up for a crocheted shawls class the last weekend in April with Melissa Leapman. I am the exception that proves the rule that crochet is faster than knitting. I decided in early April that maybe I should crochet a little before the class came around. To date I've crocheted one coaster, which is lumpy bumpy, I think because of my gauge. And I've started a washcloth.

Last weekend was crazy weather so I gave in to the urge to watch some movies and knit. I went back to work on the Artic Diamonds scarf from a recent Interweave Knits. Got 60-70 rows done, so not too shabby.

Okay, I'm obviously really trying to avoid the confession!

So this is what has arrived to date from the binge:

Lisa Souza Sock! Merino – 560 yards (I've started a scarf with this)
Lisa Souza Big Wool – 434 yards (Intended for a bag)
Lisa Souza Fingering – 3500 yards (2 skeins for a stole)
Lisa Souza Lace – 2500 yards (for the Hanami stole)
Scarlet Fleece It’s Tubular – 960 yards (2 skeins) (for socks)
Yorkshire Tweed – one bag of Stainless – 1200 yards (for the collection)
3 colors of Lion Brand Cotton Ease @ 207 yards each
2 colors of Lion Brand Lion Cotton @ 236 yards each
2 colors of Lion Brand Organic Cotton @ 82 yards each
Euroflax Linen – 3 colors (champagne, lilac and pink panther) @ 270 yards ea
Louet Gems fingering – 3 skeins ea of 2 colors (aqua & lilac) – 1110 yds
Louet Gems sport – 2 skeins of Turkey Trot – 450 yds
Art Yarns Silk Rhapsody – 1 skein each of two colors – 260 yards each
Mystical Creations sock yarn - 560 yards

Grand total - 13861 yards! And I'm still waiting for an order of a sweater's worth of yarn that the color was a special order!

For those keeping track, that now takes my destashing yardage for the year down to a mere 964.05 yards, and you know that last that I'm waiting for will put me negative!

Time to either start knitting my fingers off or get some stuff on ebay!

No comments: