Saturday, July 05, 2008

Well I remembered to photograph 1 thing!



Well I remembered to photograph one of the items I finished last month. I call these Peacock Zombies. The pattern is Zombie Socks from Sock Madness 2 (Ravelry link). I didn't quite finish them before the end of the first round so I was out. I also knew that I was going to run out of yarn before finishing the second. So I ripped them totally out and re-knit them toe-up.



Now I'm not big on doing such things - tossing them aside in disgust is more my style. But I thought this yarn and pattern worked perfectly. Here's a close-up. I think it looks like the design on a peacock's tail.

I did a picot bind-off on these because I thought they could use something a little fancier. I just love them. I really hope they fit the person I intend to give them to. They're also perfect colors for her taste. But if they don't I probably will give them to someone else. I don't think I can take re-knitting them a third time!

No comments: