Well first lets talk a little about February. I manage to do 2 of the 3 resolutions. I did make the Knit-a-Mile challenge finishing one of the WIP's, but didn't finish another. Then again, I didn't knit the last two weeks I think. But I really made the last challenge this month, despite that long list of expected clubs. Unfortunately I forgot the file at my office, but last I looked I had 13,000+ yards of yarn out and 5,000+ in. Essentially, I had lots of takers on yarn I had listed on Ravelry!
So what yarn am I expecting in March? Unfortunately a lot:
- Yarn Pirate Booty Club (last month)
- dkKnits Technicolor Dream Toes (continues through October)
- February and March Tour of DC Sock Club (March is last month)
- Harmony Sock Club (continues through June)
- Webs Skein of the Month (continues through December)
- Brooklyn Handspun Holiday Sock Club (continues through April)
- Seven Deadly S(p)ins (first of seven installments)
- Year of Lace (first of a year-long quarterly club)
- A Change of Seasons Lace (first of a year-long quarterly club)
In other words, March is likely to be the worst month this year. Those two lace clubs are going to be a lot of yardage, and a lot of the sock clubs haven't ended.
Speaking of clubs, one that is just amazing me is Webs Skein of the Month. If you use that link to go to their home page, there is a round blue area in the middle of the page that will take you to information. You can join mid-year at a pro-rated price. When I joined it was $119 for 12 months, or basically $10 per month including shipping. In January we received Sheep Shop Yarns Sheep Three, while in February we got Fiesta Yarns Swoon. Plus a pattern each month you can complete with the skein, and a little extra goody in February. If you look these yarns up on their web site you'll see that based on yarn value alone we've already gotten back about 1/2 what I paid to join. So they're being very generous. So if you're looking for a way to try some really nice yarns......
Okay, so back to March resolutions:
- I'm going to combine February and March yardage totals for a goal to have more out in those two months than I got in in those two months. February will help on this front, but there's still a lot coming in!
- Finish two WIPs from the current list.
- Knit a pair of socks.