Okay, I've been out of the country a lot lately, but there's really no excuse for how lax I've been here! When I went to review my December goals I realized I never made any. Then even worse, when I looked back to the November goals I realized I never finished any of those! But I really like the idea of monthly goals, so my only goal for the new year is to not make any but instead to make (and hopefully keep!) monthly goals.
While I haven't been knitting I have been putting my stash up on Ravelry. Currently I have 784 different yarns (meaning unique brands, colors, and dye lots) stashed, and I figure its about 80% of my stash. I decided to use my spreadsheet to enter yarns even if I didn't have a picture. If I couldn't locate the yarn in the Ravelry database, I'm waiting until I pull it out to photograph and/or use. I'm also adding items to the queue when I know what I intended the yarn for. And if I have no idea, or know for sure I'm no longer interested in the plan, I'm listing it as available for sale or trade. By the way, if you aren't yet on Ravelry, get over there and put your name on the list. Believe me, as long as the list seems you'll get in much quicker than I did. And it is a wonderous resource!
Now for the beginning of the year totals:
- 463727.15 yards of yarn in the stash
- 42 kits not otherwise counted in the stash
- 23 WIPs
The only one of those I'm in any way proud of is the last, as its the only one smaller than last year!
Now January goals are tricky. I know I'm going to be away a large part of the month again, but I'm hoping unlike other trips I will be able to do a fair amount of knitting on this one. So here's my January goals:
- Take the "knit a mile" challenge in the Stash Knit Down 2008 group on Ravelry, and, since it straddles two months, knit the January proportion to reach that goal.
- Finish the last two Christmas presents. Yes, that's right, since my travel took longer than expected its not all done!
- Knock at least one more WIP/UFO off the current list.
- Knit enough yardage to exceed the incoming stash from existing clubs and any other purchases I don't manage to resist (yikes I'm going to be near Webs!). Though there are enough existing clubs incoming that I'm hoping that thought will help resist the later.