Well first, wow, it has been even longer than I thought since I've posted. But I have a few ideas, so maybe I'll start churning a few out.
First idea - encouraging finishing. I've been slowly whittling down my list of WIPs, but not fast enough. Then I read the Finish-It-Friday on Creative Organizing.
And I started thinking (often dangerous).
My friend Gayle has hosted the occasional finishing day, and I've often used it to focus on finishing something. So then I thought, "well Friday doesn't work for me (pesky day job), but maybe I could set aside a day myself every month, or maybe every other month, and just do it myself.
And then I thought, well why not let my friends stop by if they want.
So here's the deal. The first "finish-it" day is July 25th. If you know me, feel free to stop by, with a couple "rules."
1) Please don't show up before 10am (just in case I manage to sleep later than I normally do.
2) Please plan on leaving by 8pm (since I tend to crash early - see those early wake-ups above).
3) I'm not going to go out of my way to make a food spread (since I think that might cut in to the frequency of me doing this), but feel free to bring a lunch, or we could think about getting some take-out around that time. Or something.
4) Maybe give me a head's up if you know you're definitely coming , but don't let a last-minute decision stop you from coming!
5) You're not required to knit or spin, just finish some project. For those of you with potentially messy projects (like stamping), please bring something to protect my table. I got rid of stuff like that when I gave up stamping.
Sound like a plan?