Well first lets look at how I did with March's resolutions:
- I'm going to combine February and March yardage totals for a goal to have more out in those two months than I got in in those two months. February will help on this front, but there's still a lot coming in!
It turns out I didn't need to worry about this - 7598.28 yards left the stash while only 5179 yards came in. I'm still waiting for two of the March sock clubs (Tour of DC and Brooklyn Handspun), but even with those I think I would have made it! And I guess I can confess that I succumbed to the allure of the April limited edition Lorna's Laces at Jimmy Beans Wool. I had managed to avoid that temptation since the first of the year. Oh well.
- Finish two WIPs from the current list.
Um, things go south starting here - only finished one, some fingerless mitts.
- Knit a pair of socks.
Well I started two different pairs, but since I didn't even finish one sock from either one I don't think I can make this equal a pair!
So what will be my resolutions for this month.
- Have more yarn going out of the stash than coming in.
- Reduce the WIP/UFO list back to 17.
Doesn't sound like much, but I'm getting almost all of the flooring replaced (hopefully the third week of April) and I need to empty the affected rooms before then. Plus, if window replacement day is any indication. The fact that I won't be working doesn't mean I will get a lot of knitting done!
The UFO list is currently at 20, getting it back to 17 would get me to where I would have been if I didn't start 3 new projects this month. Three you ask, oh yeah, in addition to those 2 pairs of socks I started a scarf just because!
The stash challenge might be a little harder. The incoming is a little less than last month:
- 5 sock yarns (dkKnits, Tour of DC (from March), Harmony, and Brooklyn Handspun (March & April). Only dkKnits and Harmony continue after April.
- Webs skein of the month, which could be anything.
The two lace clubs continue but those shipments are quarterly, and Seven Deadly S[p]ins continues, but that is every other month. Those three clubs won't coincide again until September, at which point I'll be down to only one sock club. So I don't anticipate as big of an incoming month as March was in the future. Then again, me not buying yarn since last year. It would seem that I have to crack at some point. The Jimmy Beans splurge might have released some pressure, but.....
But I've really been saved the last few months by the number of people shopping my stash on Ravelry. That seems to have slowed down, so I either need to get some new stuff in there or get more active about stash reduction.